Advigreen Wheat Grass
- Contains powerful antioxidants that help protect your body
- 25.6% protein & 29% fibre
- Rich source of Super Oxide Dismutase (SOD)
BUY 2 OR MORE PRODUCTS
Get FREE Accovit Performance Multivitamin Sample
Organic Wheat Grass is a rich source of antioxidants and essential nutrients to support optimum health and strong immunity
Advigreen® Wheat Grass is a 100% natural food product high in essential vitamins and minerals beneficial for optimum health. Wheat grass is low in energy but has no fat or cholesterol. It contains a gram of protein per serving and /includes essential amino acids required for optimum health.
Wheat Grass is a cereal grass that is cultivated at the early stages of development when it is most nutritious and the protein, vitamin and chlorophyll content is at is at its highest. However, as the plant gets older it becomes more fibrous providing much less nutritional value, this is why Wheat Grass is always harvested at the early stages of growth.
Antioxidants: Excessive exposure to free radicals leads to an inflammatory response in the body that can damage cells and create a greater risk of disease. Dietary intake of antioxidants is critical for neutralising the damage caused by free radicals. The combination of various antioxidants can provide a protective effect and help to reduce the risk of disease. Some of the main risk factors for disease can be improved by consuming a diet rich in antioxidants.
Chlorophyll is used in plants and algae to trap the light needed for photosynthesis; it is also the pigment responsible for their distinct green colour. In the body, chlorophyll can help to reduce the effects of oxidative damage which in turn offers protection from the damaging effects of free radicals.
Super oxide dismutase (SOD) is an active enzyme that helps to protect cells in the body from damage by free radicals. SOD works by scavenging excess superoxide which is a damaging free radical produced in the body during mitochondrial respiration. Wheat grass is naturally high in SOD making it an ideal product to boost immunity and improve the body’s defences.
Fibre: Wheat Grass is naturally high in fibre. Dietary fibre helps to improve the transit of waste material and may play an important role in lowering cholesterol and improving gut flora.
Advigreen® Wheat Grass is a registered trademark of ROS Nutrition Group Limited.
|Nutrition Profile||Per 5 g||Per 100 g|
|Protein (on dried basis)||1.25 g||25 g|
|Carbohydrates||0.7 g||14.7 g|
|- of which sugar||NIL||NIL|
|- of which Saturated||NIL||NIL|
|Fibre||1.45 g||29 g|
|Ingredient||Per 5 g|
|Advigreen® Wheat Grass Powder||5 g († EU RDA)|
Other Key Ingredients
|Ingredient||Per 5 g||Per 100 g|
|Chlorophyll||40 mg||800 mg|
|SOD (Superoxide Dismutase enzyme)||70 U||1400 U|
Ingredients: Advigreen®Wheat Grass
No artificial colours, flavours or preservatives. Suitable for Vegetarians. This product is certified organic.
- Egner PA, Wang JB, Zhu YR, Zhang BC, Wu Y, Zhang QN, Qian GS, Kuang SY, Gange SJ, Jacobson LP, Helzlsouer KJ, Bailey GS, Groopman JD and Kensler TW. Chlorophyllin intervention reduces aflatoxin-DNA adducts in individuals at high risk for liver cancer. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98: 14601-14606, 2001.
- Shargorodsky M, Debby O, Matas Z and Zimlichman R. Effect of long-term treatment with antioxidants (vitamin C, vitamin E, coenzyme Q10 and selenium) on arterial compliance, humoral factors and inflammatory markers in patients with multiple cardiovascular risk factors. Nutr Metab (Lond) 7: 55, 2010.
- Stocker R and Keaney JF, Jr. Role of oxidative modifications in atherosclerosis. Physiol Rev 84: 1381-1478, 2004.
Add 5 grams (2 leveled scoop) of Advigreen®Wheat Grass to 200 ml - 250 ml of water, juice OR beverage of your choice, shake and consume as a nutritious drink.
Consume 1 to 3 servings per day.