- Rich source of antioxidants, vitamins & minerals
- Helps to create an alkaline state in the body
- 60% protein
FREE 500g Target Whey Protein
when you spend over £60
Advigreen Spirulina is rich in the essential nutrients required for optimum health and strong immunity
Spirulina is a microscopic blue-green alga; it is a 100% natural food product that can be consumed as a healthy snack as part of a balanced diet. It is rich in vitamins and minerals that are required for optimum health and strong immunity.
Vegetable protein: Spirulina contains a high quality source of vegetable protein that can be used to increase the protein content in your diet. In western societies people tend to rely too much on processed forms of animal protein and do not consume enough quality sources of vegetable proteins. Plant proteins are more water soluble when compared to animal proteins making them an easily digestible source of quality protein.
Antioxidants: Oxidative stress and the production of free radicals that damage the body’s cells are considered one of the main causes of disease. Excessive exposure to free radicals leads to a release of inflammatory hormones that damage the body’s cells. The combination of a healthy diet that incorporates adequate antioxidants and sufficient physical activity can have a protective effect on the body and may reduce some of the risk factors for disease.
Spirulina contains amino acids, folic acid, iron, B vitamins and minerals. Grown in warm climates under considerable sunshine, spirulina produces rich sources of antioxidants that can provide protection against certain diseases.
Chlorophyll is used in plants and algae to trap the light needed for photosynthesis; it is also the pigment responsible for their distinct green colour. In the body, chlorophyll can help to reduce the effects of oxidative damage which in turn offers protection from the damaging effects of free radicals.
Advigreen®Spirulina is a registered trademark of ROS Nutrition Group Limited.
|Nutrition Profile||Per 5 g||Per 100 g|
|Protein (on dried basis)||3.15 g||63 g|
|Carbohydrates||0.8 g||16 g|
|- of which sugar||NIL||NIL|
|Fat||0.4 g||8 g|
|- of which Saturated||NIL||NIL|
|Fibre||0.35 g||7 g|
|Ingredient||Per 5 g|
|Advigreen® Spirulina Powder||5 g († EU RDA)|
Other Key Ingredients
|Ingredient||Per 5 g||Per 100 g|
|Total carotenoids||17.5 mg||350 mg|
|Crude phycocyanin||0.5 mg||10 mg|
|Chlorophyll||50 mg||1000 mg|
No artificial colours, flavours or preservatives. Suitable for Vegetarians. This product is certified organic.
- Egner PA, Wang JB, Zhu YR, Zhang BC, Wu Y, Zhang QN, Qian GS, Kuang SY, Gange SJ, Jacobson LP, Helzlsouer KJ, Bailey GS, Groopman JD and Kensler TW. Chlorophyllin intervention reduces aflatoxin-DNA adducts in individuals at high risk for liver cancer. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98: 14601-14606, 2001.
- Shargorodsky M, Debby O, Matas Z and Zimlichman R. Effect of long-term treatment with antioxidants (vitamin C, vitamin E, coenzyme Q10 and selenium) on arterial compliance, humoral factors and inflammatory markers in patients with multiple cardiovascular risk factors. Nutr Metab (Lond) 7: 55, 2010.
- Stocker R and Keaney JF, Jr. Role of oxidative modifications in atherosclerosis. Physiol Rev 84: 1381-1478, 2004.
Add 5 grams (2 leveled scoop) of Advigreen®Spirulina to 200 ml - 250 ml of water, juice OR beverage of your choice, shake and consume as a nutritious drink.
Consume 1 to 3 servings per day.