HMB Calcium Anhydrous
- Reduces muscle protein breakdown
- Helps to create an anabolic state in the body after resistance training
- Assists the development of lean muscle mass
FREE 500 G Target Whey Protein
When you spend over £60
HMB is an excellent supplement for helping to increase lean mass, power and strength
β-hydroxy β-methylbutyrate calcium (HMB) is a metabolite of the amino acid Leucine and has been found to be an excellent sports supplement. HMB is used by athletes for performance goals or anyone with the aim of achieving better training gains and improving body composition.
When combined with resistance training, HMB can aid in the development of muscle mass and improve body composition and muscle strength. It has also been shown to preserve lean muscle mass and improve recovery after resistance training, allowing athletes to subsequently train harder and achieve better performance results.
HMB is suggested to aid muscle development by reducing the breakdown of muscle tissue helping to create an anabolic environment in the body for muscle growth. HMB is also suggested to reduce muscle damage which results from resistance training. People who are looking for significant improvements in muscle size and strength can benefit from HMB supplementation.
Serving size: 3 g
Servings per container: 83
|Typical values||Per Serving||EU RDA%|
|HMB Calcium Anhydrous||3 g||†|
|g = gram, † = Not specified, EU RDA = European Recommended Daily Allowance|
No artificial colours, flavours or preservatives. Suitable for Vegetarians.
- Nissen S, Sharp RL, Panton L, Vukovich M, Trappe S and Fuller JC, Jr. beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate (HMB) supplementation in humans is safe and may decrease cardiovascular risk factors. J Nutr 130: 1937-1945, 2000.
- Nissen SL and Sharp RL. Effect of dietary supplements on lean mass and strength gains with resistance exercise: a meta-analysis. J Appl Physiol 94: 651-659, 2003.
- Portal S, Eliakim A, Nemet D, Halevy O and Zadik Z. Effect of HMB supplementation on body composition, fitness, hormonal profile and muscle damage indices. J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 23: 641-650, 2010.
Take 3 g (1 scoop (5cc) = 3 g), of HMB daily in water or fruit juice.
Note: Scoop is not included.