Whey Protein Hydrolysate
- Rapid source of amino acids
- Supports strength & power training
- Ideal for recovery from intense exercise
- Highly absorbable protein source
Whey Protein Hydrolysate is a high quality rapidly digesting source of whey protein that can aid recovery from intense training and assist the development of lean muscle mass
Whey protein hydrolsate is a high quality protein that is produced from whey protein using proteolytic enzymes. WPH contains mostly dipeptides and tripeptides which are absorbed more rapidly than intact proteins. This fast absorption rate is highly desirable for athletes looking for rapid recovery after intense exercise.
- 110 kcal
- 25 g Protein
- 1.6 g Carbohydrates
- 0.5 g Fat
Why choose Whey Protein Hydrolysate?
Individuals who participate in intense resistance or endurance training require added protein in their diet. Training to a high intensity results in a greater requirement for protein in your diet. Whey Protein Hydrolysate contains whey protein isolate which is rapidly digested providing amino acids quickly to muscle fibres. WPH is also known to influence the production of insulin which is highly important for initiating post exercise glycogen depletion and protein anabolism. Another practical benefit of WPH is that it can be ingested immediately after intense exercise with a much lower risk of bloating and discomfort.
Whey Protein Hydrolysate contains naturally high levels of essential and branched chain amino acids for maximising muscle growth and adaptation from training. It also contains added glutamine for appropriate recovery and enhanced immunity.
Protein: The consumption of adequate quality protein following resistance exercise is critical to facilitating recovery and maximising the anabolic effects of exercise. Using a high quality whey protein supplement like Whey Protein Hydrolysate directly before and after your training will help to maximise protein synthesis, and facilitate the recovery of damaged muscle fibres.
Protein requirements: The requirement for protein while participating in regular exercise is between 1.4−2.2 g per kg body mass per day, depending on performance goals.
Serving size: 35 g
Servings per container: 28
|Typical values||Per 100 g||Per Serving (30 g)||*RI|
|Protein (on dried basis)||80.0 g||24.0 g||48%|
|Carbohydrates||1.6 g||0.5 g||0%|
|- of which sugar||1.6 g||0.5 g||0%|
|Fat||8.8 g||2.6 g||4%|
|- of which saturated fat||1.6 g||0.5 g||2%|
|*Reference intake of an average adult (8400 kJ/ 2000 kcal)|
g = gram, kcal = kilocalorie (read as calorie), kjoule = kilojoule
Ingredients: Whey protein hydrolysate 80% instant (WPH)
No artificial colours, flavours or preservatives. Suitable for Vegetarians.
- Boirie Y, Dangin M, Gachon P, Vasson MP, Maubois JL and Beaufrere B. Slow and fast dietary proteins differently modulate postprandial protein accretion. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94: 14930-14935, 1997.
- Kreider RB and Campbell B. Protein for exercise and recovery. Phys Sportsmed 37: 13-21, 2009.
- Lee YH. Food-processing approaches to altering allergenic potential of milk-based formula. J Pediatr 121: S47-S50, 1992.
- Phillips SM. Protein requirements and supplementation in strength sports. Nutrition 20: 689-695, 2004.
- Tipton KD, Elliott TA, Cree MG, Wolf SE, Sanford AP and Wolfe RR. Ingestion of casein and whey proteins result in muscle anabolism after resistance exercise. Med Sci Sports Exerc 36: 2073-2081, 2004.
For best results depending on your goals and training intensity take 2−3 servings daily (1 serving = 35 g or 1 scoop) in 300 ml water OR low fat milk: one at breakfast, one immediately before your training and one again immediately after exercise.
Note: While we strive to ensure that all serving measurements are accurate using ROS scoops, these are only approximate and are not a substitute for using a weighing device.