RecoverAce Endurance - Sample
BUY MORE, SAVE MORE- Get upto €20 OFF
Spend over €25, Get €5 OFF - Use Code TIER5
Spend over €50, Get €10 OFF - Use Code TIER10
Spend over €75, Get €20 OFF - Use Code TIER20
Optimise muscle recovery from endurance training through a research-based blend of carbohydrates, protein and electrolytes
The timing and composition of macronutrient intake following endurance exercise is critical to facilitating recovery and maximising training adaptations. Rapidly-digesting carbohydrate and quality protein intake are essential immediately after training to replenish muscle carbohydrate (glycogen) stores and facilitate repair to damaged muscles. Supplying these ingredients in our powder formulation allows you get the exact ingredients at the right time – the sooner, the better – in a convenient and tasty manner.
- 74.0 g CHO
- 14.0 g Protein
- 5.0 g Glutamine
- 3.5 g L-Arginine matrix
- 3.0 g L-Carnitine matrix
- 2.5 g D-Ribose
Why choose RecoverAce® Endurance?
Endurance exercise results in a depletion of the body’s carbohydrate stores (glycogen) and also fatigued and damaged muscles. The immediate post-exercise recovery period (30 to 60 minutes) represents your body’s greatest potential to absorb nutrients, restore glycogen and begin the recovery process. If you are an athlete who trains intensely with short recovery periods (24 hours or less) between sessions, RecoverAce® Endurance is your ideal recovery product. This formulation can help to maximise recovery from each session and kick-start your preparation for the next training or performance.
Best practice guidelines for optimum recovery: after endurance exercise are for 0.8 to 1.2 g of carbohydrate per kg body mass and 0.2 to 0.4 g of protein per kg body mass taken immediately afterwards. RecoverAce® Endurance is the quintessential recovery product to use after endurance exercise as it addresses these guidelines directly. This advanced formulation contains a proprietary blend of both fast- and slow-release carbohydrates in the form of Vitargo® and Palatinose®, and a high whey protein source. In addition, RecoverAce® Endurance includes premium ingredients including L-glutamine, and the potent antioxidants ALCAR and alpha-lipoic acid to further enhance the recovery process.
Special carbohydrate: RecoverAce® Endurance contains a unique rapidly-digested carbohydrate, Barley Starch Amylopectin (Vitargo®), that replenishes glycogen stores faster than standard sugars such as glucose/dextrose, maltodextrin or waxy maize starch. Vitargo® is a high molecular weight carbohydrate that increases muscle glycogen re-synthesis of up to 1.7 times faster than standard carbohydrates in the first two hours post- exercise. With a faster rate of glycogen re-synthesis, athletes experience enhanced recovery and are better prepared to train or perform intensely again within a short time-period.
A low glycemic index (GI) CHO: is also included in appropriate amounts in the form of Palatinose® for a sustained supply of energy. This low GI CHO helps to minimise adverse fluctuations in blood sugar and sustain energy levels.
Protein: Consuming appropriate sources of protein post-exercise enhances recovery by facilitating the repair of damaged muscles and can increase the rate of glycogen re-synthesis. RecoverAce® Endurance contains the finest quality protein in the form of fast-digesting whey protein hydrolysate which has the highest bio-availability and absorption rate when compared to other protein sources.
Glutamine: RecoverAce® Endurance contains 5 g of glutamine per single serving. Glutamine has demonstrated its ability to enhance muscular growth and improve the rate of recovery between workouts through its anabolic and anti-catabolic properties.
RecoverAce® Endurance is a registered trademark of ROS Nutrition Group Limited.
Serving size: 50 gServings per container: ½
Nutritional Profile (Typical):
|Analysis||Per 100 g||RI|
|Protein (on dried basis)||14 g||28%|
|- of which sugar||30 g||33%|
|- of which saturated fat||<0.4 g||<2%|
|g = gram, mg = milligram, kcal = kilocalorie (read as calorie), kjoule = kilojoule|
|Ingredient||Per 100 g|
|Arginine matrix [L-Arginine+L-Arginine AKG+L-Arginine Ethylester HCL]||3.5 g|
|ALCAR Complex [L-carnitine+L-tartarate+N-Acetyl L-Carnitine]||3.0 g|
|Alpha lipoic acid||100 mg|
|Electrolytes||Per 100 g in 500 ml of water|
|mmol/L = millimole per litre|
|Vitamins||Per 100 g|
|Vitamin B1||550 µg|
(50% EU RDA)
|Vitamin B3||8 mg|
(50% EU RDA)
|Vitamin B5||3 mg|
(50% EU RDA)
|Vitamin B6||700 µg |
(50% EU RDA)
|Vitamin C||80 mg |
(100% EU RDA)
|Vitamin E||6 mg TE|
(50% EU RDA)
|g = gram, mg = milligram, μg = microgram, 1 mg =1000 mcg (μg), % = percantage, EU RDA = European Recommended Daily Allowance|
Ingredients: Barley starch amylopectin (Vitargo®), isomaltulose (Palatinose®), Myotein® recovery blend [whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate and whey protein hydrolysate], L-glutamine, L-arginine base, L-carnitine L-tartarate, D-ribose, L-arginine oxoglutarate, L-leucine, N-acetyl L-carnitine, sea salt, trisodium citrate, magnesium gluconate, potassium citrate, alpha lipoic acid, ascorbic acid, dl-alpha tocopherol acetate, zinc citrate, nicotinamide, D-calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, thiamine hydrochloride.
Fruit Punch Flavour: Citric acid (acidity regulator), fruit punch flavour, beet root (colour), sucralose (sweetener).
Lemon n Lime Flavour: Citric acid (acidity regulator), lemon and lime flavour, sucralose (sweetener).
Orange Flavour: Citric acid (acidity regulator), orange flavour, beta carotene (colour), sucralose (sweetener).
No artificial colours, flavours or preservatives.
- Howarth KR, Moreau NA, Phillips SM and Gibala MJ. Coingestion of protein with carbohydrate during recovery from endurance exercise stimulates skeletal muscle protein synthesis in humans. J Appl Physiol 106: 1394-1402, 2009.
- Jentjens R and Jeukendrup A. Determinants of post-exercise glycogen synthesis during short-term recovery. Sports Med 33: 117-144, 2003.
- Coyle EF, Jeukendrup AE, Wagenmakers AJ and Saris WH. Fatty acid oxidation is directly regulated by carbohydrate metabolism during exercise. Am J Physiol 273: E268-E275, 1997.
- Fallowfield JL, Williams C and Singh R. The influence of ingesting a carbohydrate-electrolyte beverage during 4 hours of recovery on subsequent endurance capacity. Int J Sport Nutr 5: 285-299, 1995.
- Bergstrom J, Hermansen L, Hultman E and Saltin B. Diet, muscle glycogen and physical performance. Acta Physiol Scand 71: 140-150, 1967.
- Stephens FB, Roig M, Armstrong G and Greenhaff PL. Post-exercise ingestion of a unique, high molecular weight glucose polymer solution improves performance during a subsequent bout of cycling exercise. J Sports Sci 26: 149-154, 2008.
- Leiper JB, Aulin KP and Soderlund K. Improved gastric emptying rate in humans of a unique glucose polymer with gel-forming properties. Scand J Gastroenterol 35: 1143-1149, 2000.
- van Loon LJ, Saris WH, Kruijshoop M and Wagenmakers AJ. Maximizing postexercise muscle glycogen synthesis: carbohydrate supplementation and the application of amino acid or protein hydrolysate mixtures. Am J Clin Nutr 72: 106-111, 2000.
- Zawadzki KM, Yaspelkis BB, III and Ivy JL. Carbohydrate-protein complex increases the rate of muscle glycogen storage after exercise. J Appl Physiol 72: 1854-1859, 1992.
- Nuttall FQ, Mooradian AD, Gannon MC, Billington C and Krezowski P. Effect of protein ingestion on the glucose and insulin response to a standardized oral glucose load. Diabetes Care 7: 465-470, 1984.
- Welbourne TC. Increased plasma bicarbonate and growth hormone after an oral glutamine load. Am J Clin Nutr 61: 1058-1061, 1995.
For best results, depending on your goals and training intensity, take one serving (1 serving = 100 g or 2 scoops) in 500 ml of water immediately after your training session, and follow-up with an appropriate nutrition strategy in the next 2 to 4 hours. If other food sources are not available, take another serving of RecoverAce® Endurance 2 hours later. Intake guidelines are based on the recovery requirements of a 70 kg individual completing high intensity endurance training. Serving size may be scaled-up or scaled-down depending on your body mass and training intensity.
For best mixing results, the water should be poured into the shaker before adding the powder serving.