- Supports better mental focus and concentration
- Helps to reduce the feeling of stress
- May help with fat loss
BUY MORE, SAVE MORE
Spend over €25 , Get €5 OFF - Use Code TIER5
Spend over €50 , Get €10 OFF - Use Code TIER10
Spend over €75 , Get €20 OFF - Use Code TIER20
L-Tyrosine can be used to improve alertness, concentration and focus
Tyrosine is a conditionally essential amino acid which means that it can become essential in certain cases. Under normal conditions the body can synthesize sufficient quantities from the amino acid phenylalanine but in certain cases it can become depleted.
Exercise performance: Various forms of stress can have a detrimental effect on performance and health. The decrements in performance usually result from stress which is due to the depletion of catecholamines and the neurotransmitters ephinephrine and dopamine. Supplementation with tyrosine may lead to better mental focus, alertness and mental arousal by preventing the depletion of neurotransmitters; this helps to reduce the level of stress hormones in the body.
Tyrosine and memory: Tyrosine has also been postulated to improve memory under stressful situations. Tyrosine is suggested to help to improve cognitive function and improve memory by reducing the depletion of neurotransmitters which are associated with decrements in cognitive function.
Fat loss: Tyrosine may also have an important role to play in fat loss. It has been shown that tyrosine supplementation in conjunction with other active ingredients such as capsaicin, catechins and caffeine can suppress appetite and aid fat loss by stimulating thermogenesis.
|Ingredient||Amount Per Serving|
|L-Tyrosine||1 g († EU RDA)|
No artificial colours, flavours or preservatives. Suitable for Vegetarians.
- Deijen JB, Wientjes CJ, Vullinghs HF, Cloin PA and Langefeld JJ. Tyrosine improves cognitive performance and reduces blood pressure in cadets after one week of a combat training course. Brain Res Bull 48: 203-209, 1999.
- Neri DF, Wiegmann D, Stanny RR, Shappell SA, McCardie A and McKay DL. The effects of tyrosine on cognitive performance during extended wakefulness. Aviat Space Environ Med 66: 313-319, 1995.
- Belza A, Frandsen E and Kondrup J. Body fat loss achieved by stimulation of thermogenesis by a combination of bioactive food ingredients: a placebo-controlled, double-blind 8-week intervention in obese subjects. Int J Obes (Lond) 31: 121-130, 2007.
Take 1-6 g of L-Tyrosine 30 minutes before your training or competition. Tyrosine can also be taken in 3 small daily doses of 1 g each before meals throughout the day. (5 ml scoop measures 3 g).