Green Tea - Camellia sinensis
- Rich source of antioxidants (50% Tea Polyphenols)
- Solvent free Green Tea extract
- Can support fat loss goals and aids immune function
Green tea extract is an excellent source of antioxidants which are vital for optimum health and strong immune systems
Green tea can help to reduce the risk of infections and disease by boosting your body’s defence to infections and reducing the potentially damaging effects of free radicals.
ROS Nutrition uses TeaXcel ® P50 - finest quality solvent free Green tea extract is derived from the leaves of the camellia sinensis using proprietary extraction technology. Green Tea extract is a rich source of polyphenols, catechins and EGCG (Epigallocatechin Gallate). This simply means it is rich in antioxidant compounds which help to support your immune system and keep your body healthy.
Weight management: There is now a significant amount of research that not only supports the use of green tea for its health benefits but also for helping people to reduce body fat and lower unhealthy cholesterol. The exact mechanism of how this works is intricate but it is suggested to be due to a greater level of fat oxidation and thermogenesis which increases energy expenditure.
Antioxidants: Green tea contains powerful antioxidants that act as free radical scavengers that help to reduce damage to your body’s cells. Oxidative stress and the production of free radicals that damage the body’s cells are considered to be the main causes of aging and diseases like cancers and cardio vascular disease. Having a diet that is rich in antioxidants will help to keep your body strong and healthy.
Serving size: 500 mg
Servings per container: 150 g (300)
|Typical values||Per Serving||EU RDA%|
|TeaXcel P50 -Green Tea Extract||500 mg||†|
|mg = miligram, † = Not specified, EU RDA = European Recommended Daily Allowance|
TeaXcel is a brand name and trademark of Vita Actives
No artificial colours, flavours or preservatives. Suitable for Vegetarians.
- Dulloo AG, Duret C, Rohrer D, Girardier L, Mensi N, Fathi M, Chantre P and Vandermander J. Efficacy of a green tea extract rich in catechin polyphenols and caffeine in increasing 24-h energy expenditure and fat oxidation in humans. Am J Clin Nutr 70: 1040-1045, 1999.
- Maki KC, Reeves MS, Farmer M, Yasunaga K, Matsuo N, Katsuragi Y, Komikado M, Tokimitsu I, Wilder D, Jones F, Blumberg JB and Cartwright Y. Green tea catechin consumption enhances exercise-induced abdominal fat loss in overweight and obese adults. J Nutr 139: 264-270, 2009.
- Nagao T, Hase T and Tokimitsu I. A green tea extract high in catechins reduces body fat and cardiovascular risks in humans. Obesity (Silver Spring) 15: 1473-1483, 2007.
- Phung OJ, Baker WL, Matthews LJ, Lanosa M, Thorne A and Coleman CI. Effect of green tea catechins with or without caffeine on anthropometric measures: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Am J Clin Nutr 91: 73-81, 2010.
Take 500 mg- 1 g, once daily.
Add a scoop of green tea to a glass of water, juice or beverage of your choice and consume nutritious drink.
Note: Scoop is not included