Beta Alanine - Elite (Batch Tested)
BUY MORE, SAVE MORE
Spend over €25, Get €5 OFF - Use Code TIER5
Spend over €50, Get €10 OFF - Use Code TIER10
Spend over €75, Get €20 OFF - Use Code TIER20
Enhance exercise endurance and maximise training performance
β-Alanine boosts exercise performance by reducing feelings of fatigue allowing athletes to exercise at a high intensity for longer.
β-Alanine is a non-essential amino acid; it is the only naturally occurring beta amino acid. It is produced in small amounts in the body and its main function is to act as a precursor to synthesise intramuscular carnosine. Carnosine acts as a buffer for maintaining muscle pH during high intensity exercise, delaying muscular fatigue. Elevated levels of carnosine in the muscle may maintain longer periods of high intensity exercise.
Why choose β-Alanine?
Adenosine triphosphate (ATP) is the main source of energy for working muscles. For intense physical activity like sprinting or gym exercise, ATP is primarily derived from glycolysis. During the breakdown of ATP there is a subsequent rise in the concentration of Hydrogen ions (H+) that leads to a decrease in muscle pH. When muscle pH decreases the ability of the muscle to contract diminishes, leading to a reduction in exercise intensity. This reduction in exercise intensity hampers an athlete’s ability to exercise to their maximum potential.
β-Alainine can be used by athletes to enhance exercise performance. β-Alainine can increase the level of intramuscular carnosine, improving the muscle’s buffering capacity and reducing fatigue. This allows athletes to train longer at a higher intensity.
Serving size: 3 g
Servings per container: 250 g (83)
|Typical values||Per Serving||EU RDA%|
|g = gram, † = Not specified, EU RDA = European Recommended Daily Allowance|
No artificial colours, flavours or preservatives. Suitable for Vegetarians.
- Jordan T, Lukaszuk J, Misic M and Umoren J. Effect of beta-alanine supplementation on the onset of blood lactate accumulation (OBLA) during treadmill running: Pre/post 2 treatment experimental design. J Int Soc Sports Nutr 7: 20, 2010.
- Smith AE, Walter AA, Graef JL, Kendall KL, Moon JR, Lockwood CM, Fukuda DH, Beck TW, Cramer JT and Stout JR. Effects of beta-alanine supplementation and high-intensity interval training on endurance performance and body composition in men; a double-blind trial. J Int Soc Sports Nutr 6: 5, 2009.
- Artioli GG, Gualano B, Smith A, Stout J and Lancha AH, Jr. Role of beta-alanine supplementation on muscle carnosine and exercise performance. Med Sci Sports Exerc 42: 1162-1173, 2010.
- Derave W, Everaert I, Beeckman S and Baguet A. Muscle carnosine metabolism and beta-alanine supplementation in relation to exercise and training. Sports Med 40: 247-263, 2010.
- Giannini AG, Gualano B, Smith A, Stout J and Herbert Lancha AJ. The Role of beta-alanine Supplementation on Muscle Carnosine and Exercise Performance. Med Sci Sports Exerc 2009.
Loading phase: Take 2 grams, three times a day i.e. 6 g in total as daily intake for 21 days.
Maintenance phase: Take 1 serving of 3 g once a day or 1 serving of 1.5 g twice daily.
Note: Scoop is not included