Beta Alanine 1000 mg
30% OFF BCAA's
25% OFF Protein
20% OFF Everything else
Enhance endurance and maximise training performance
β-Alanine (read as Beta-Alanine) is a non-essential amino acid that can act as a precursor to increase intra-muscular carnosine levels. The higher the level of carnosine in the muscle the longer high intensity exercise can be maintained.
During high intensity exercise the development of high levels of lactic acid in the muscle is suggested to impede muscular contraction leading to fatigue and reduced performance.
One of the many suggested benefits of carnosine is that it may act as a functional pH buffer for muscular acidosis. Greater muscle carnosine levels may improve exercise performance by enhancing the buffering capacity of the muscle allowing athletes to exercise at a high intensity for longer.
Why choose BA 1000?
Energy or ATP required for intense physical activity such as sprinting or power based gym exercises is derived from the glycolysis energy system. During the breakdown of ATP there is a subsequent rise in the concentration of hydrogen ions and lactic acid, this release causes muscle pH to drop. When the muscle pH decreases, the ability of the muscle to contract diminishes leading to a reduction in exercise intensity.
This reduction in exercise intensity hampers an athlete’s ability to achieve their maximum training potential. BA 1000 allows athletes to push their bodies beyond their usual limitations generating greater training adaptations.
|Ingredient||Per Tablet||Per 3 Tablets|
|β-Alanine||1 g||3 g|
Ingredients: β-Alanine, Microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide, Hydroxypropylmethyl cellulose.
No artificial colours, flavours or preservatives. This product is gluten free. Suitable for vegetarians.
- Artioli GG, Gualano B, Smith A, Stout J and Lancha AH, Jr. Role of beta-alanine supplementation on muscle carnosine and exercise performance. Med Sci Sports Exerc 42: 1162-1173, 2010.
- Derave W, Everaert I, Beeckman S and Baguet A. Muscle carnosine metabolism and beta-alanine supplementation in relation to exercise and training. Sports Med 40: 247-263, 2010.
- Giannini AG, Gualano B, Smith A, Stout J and Herbert Lancha AJ. The Role of beta-alanine Supplementation on Muscle Carnosine and Exercise Performance. Med Sci Sports Exerc 2009.
- Smith AE, Walter AA, Graef JL, Kendall KL, Moon JR, Lockwood CM, Fukuda DH, Beck TW, Cramer JT and Stout JR. Effects of beta-alanine supplementation and high-intensity interval training on endurance performance and body composition in men; a double-blind trial. J Int Soc Sports Nutr 6: 5, 2009.
- Jordan T, Lukaszuk J, Misic M and Umoren J. Effect of beta-alanine supplementation on the onset of blood lactate accumulation (OBLA) during treadmill running: Pre/post 2 treatment experimental design. J Int Soc Sports Nutr 7: 20, 2010.
Loading Phase: Take 2 tablets 3 times daily for 21 days.
Maintenance Phase: Take 3 tablets daily.